So far, P90X is kicking butt! So far I'm feeling great (so to speak. I'm down with a really bad cold, but I wanted to start my workouts on a Monday. Happens to be that I am sick. It's ok, just makes workouts a little tougher!)

Let's see how we do this here. I'll do bullet points so we can keep track of what's up. Since I'm probably not going to post EVERY day, I will just outline my days.

  • Day 1 of P90X - Chest and Back - This workout was solid! I am a strong believer that pullups show absolute strength. If you can't do a pull-up, you can't do much in life. Now, don't let that get you down, I just am a huge promoter of functional strength. This is part of the reason why I love CrossFit so much. I feel that you need to be functionally fit to overcome many obstacles in life, and if you are an adventurous person, if you work on a farm, or anything else in life... LIFTING STINKIN GROCERIES, I don't know. It's just a matter of you being able to do what your every day life calls you do to and doing it with maximum efficiency. So, i rambled enough about pullups. I'm happy about them. If you are nervous about the bar hurting your door frame, don't be, unless you live in one of these. I really enjoyed day one. Haha, know what's funny about that rant? I am currently really bad at pullups because of hurting my shoulder doing ring pushups 2 months back. So, I do 1 leg straight out onto a chair and the other leg hanging for all my pulls. This has proved satisfactory and until I can improve the shoulder, I won't be doing pulls, unless I'm outside at my condo and can do kipping pullups.

  • Day 2 of P90X - Plyometrics - Butt kicker. If you're out of shape, this one is the 'mother of all workouts'! Haha. Props to Mr. Horton on that one! Ok, so this is a phenomonal workout. It involves a ton of jumping around, keeps the heart rate up, and keeps you in the zone at all times. Really enjoyed this one. Was able to keep up. Liked it. QUESTION FOR CONDO OWNERS! - DO YOU DO PLYOMETRICS IN YOUR CONDO OR APARTMENT? IF SO, WHAT DO YOU DO TO DAMPEN THE NOISE? There is only so far landing soft can go, and I'm a 244 pound dude. Hopefully that doesn't last long, but I'm just curious. If you have any suggestions, please leave comments down below. Oh, and I already mentioned I need to lose weight, no need to mention that again, haha. Though, I must say, I am pretty good at landing softly.

  • Day 3 of P90X - Shoulders and Arms - Ab Ripper X - This was awesome. I love doing shoulders because it's very therapeutic for reasons previously mentioned. I would like to let you know that it was my first time doing Ab Ripper X. This is because I am sick (also previously mentioned) but I am feeling much better than I have been so I went for it. TOUGH! Very enjoyable, made me want to lose my fat much faster, but really really great ab workout. One question about the Chair Dips. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A CHAIR DIP SUBSTITUTE FOR SOMEONE WITH ROTATOR CUFF ISSUES? I subbed in triceps extensions. This seemed to do the job, but I soon realized we do the same thing later on in the workout. Any help in the comments section is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
So, my overall impression of P90x so far is that is a great system to use to workout. I'm just finished with Day 3 and I'm hooked. I also have a coworker doing the series with me and he is liking it too. I'm a day ahead of him, but that's alright. I am pretty sure he will catch up and double up one day so he gets in line with the sheet we are keeping.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all in the comments section. I will be checking this regularly and have it hooked up with my iPhone so I will be able to reply to posts on the fly.

Cheers!

0 comments



Post a Comment