Welcome to my new home for the next 90 days! I want to start out by giving you a little background on myself, including what I have done as far as athletics, my diet...etc to help you get an idea of the type of individual I am as far as health and body goes. I feel this information will help you gauge yourself verse your accomplishments or what you are looking to accomplish. So without further delay, this is Dave in a nutshell:

  1. Athletic background - I have been doing CrossFit since July 2009. I have excelled in strength with kettlebells and even took a class with Jeff Martone where I was certified as a CrossFit kettlebell instructor. Previous to this, I was going to a gym off and on trying to get jacked, but it never worked and I attribute it mostly to eating. I am built strong, and can lift good weights, but nothing too special. 2 years back I was an avid mountain biker, conquering many trails in the North Jersey/New York area. I also took up the sport of rock climbing at an indoor rock gym in the area, but soon grew out of that due to my job in New York City. Before that, I was in college and in high school I played baseball, soccer and eventually joined the golf team. I did the basics in high school.
  2. Diet background - I have never been a good eater. I don't know why, I don't know where it came from, but I like sweets.... a lot. I mean, I can go through cookies like it's my job. I just got out of a month of eating vegetarian. It went alright, but I definitely wasn't producing enough red blood cells. Took too long to recover from workouts, and I completely attribute it to not enough red cells to carry protein and oxygen for recovery. So, I'm shifting back to healthy meats, and trying to cut out red meats from the diet (except the burger I get to have as my one reward for being able to stick it out!).
  3. My Goals - Right now I weigh 245 (as of 2/1/2010). I am hoping to get back down to 215. This is going to be a significant decrease since I haven't been as that weight since about Dec '07. Not only am I looking to lose some weight, I'm looking to build some overall strength and really hone my diet. Now that I proved I can go full out vegetarian, I think I can really incorporate a healthy diet that can foster good results using P90X.
So, everyone posts before and after photos. I would like to do the same. This will help keep me accountable, and will also let me see progress as I move through the P90X schedule. These photos are not retouched. They are taken with a Nikon D5000 and only AUTO ADJUSTED with Windows Live Photo Previewer.


P90X - Day 1 "Before" Photos

1 Comment

  1. cheleymooore121 on November 28, 2011 at 2:18 AM

    P90x you are going to have to work out for about an hour per day, and clean up your eating habits, but by the end you will have more muscle, more endurance, and even better flexibility and balance.
    Max Burn Funciona
    Perfect Radiance

     


Post a Comment