So, I'm going to be going on Day 14 tomorrow and I'm feeling great, but I am NOT FEELING SORE?! Is this because I haven't been pushing myself? Is this because I am coming from an extreme training regiment (CrossFit) that kicked my but into shape? In my head I'm thinking, "No way, look at these before pictures. You're huge." But when I look at myself physically during the workouts, and how I physically feel afterwards and the next couple days, I'm just not that sore. I feel that this is a good way to measure progress. I had to skip two workouts, but I make them up with awesome cardio blasts at our gym. My wife and I live in a condo and have two gyms accessible 24 hrs/day!

So, I am going to try to crank up the intensity. If this doesn't work, I'm going to try to incorporate my kettlebell into the workouts rather than the resistance band. OH! That's another story. My resistance band broke! What a rip off! I almost want to write a review about it but I don't like to hurt a company. So, I got this one at Wal*Mart (because we live next to a walmart and next to a target. it's like superstore paradise. crazy.) and less than 2 weeks into p90x I broke my band. So I'm going to have to pick one up tomorrow night so I have it for wednesday. Oh, and my pullups aren't that great still, but I have been noticing improvements. It still stinks to me that I can't do a kipping pullup on the iron gym, but it's ok. Once it gets nicer out, i'll be doing them on the pullup bar that they have at our fitness nature walk on the condo grounds. Its pretty cool, dip stations, sit up stations, pull up stations...etc all over this little trail next to the club house.

Ok, so i'm on week 3 and I haven't really noticed much of a weight loss, or much soreness, but i would say my muscles are starting to accommodate the movements rather than get stronger. This could be because i'm already strong, but I'm not sure. I think this muscle confusion isn't that confusing to my muscles because of CrossFit. Well, like I said, I probably need some real weights, so i'll be using my 53 lb kettlebell for the weights. Let's see how this works! should be interesting! Those guys are going for 30's i'll be doing it with a 53, and a kettlebell. I wonder if i'll die doing kickbacks.... hahaha - maybe i'll just use a weighted back pack for stuff like that until i can justify to myself going to sports authority (also next door) and buying weights...

maybe i'll check craigslist now.

ok, later guys - thanks for reading the ramblings. any words of advice are always greatly appreciated and i will reply!

-dave

0 comments



Post a Comment